cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
CompMum1968
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Problem removing hard drive as not screwed to the tray

HP Recommended
HP OMEN X

Installed 2 extra hard drives in HP Omen X. Unfortunately didn’t have screws to secure to the tray that holds them and didn’t think it would be a huge problem.  Unfortunately now I want to remove them and can’t get them out 🙁. Any ideas?  Not enough space to grab hold of them and pull and they just seem stuck now.  There is a little play  in them as they move side to side but will not pull out as obviously on the connector at the back. 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 12,562 1,399 2,011
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CompMum1968,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you could consult a local Best Buy or Staples technician or any local tech who can look at it and help you remove the hard drive. 

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation