03-24-2018 07:08 PM - last edited on 03-24-2018 07:15 PM by rick-s
I have the Omen 600 mouse. In my case the game is world of warcraft. To move in the game require you to hold down the right mouse button to control the camera and the left mouse button. However, When after about 5 seconds of holding down both mouse buttons, the light on the scroll wheel starts flashing blue my character stops moving. I notice the issue had not being resolved for OP. please advice
03-25-2018 02:04 PM - edited 03-25-2018 02:05 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
As I understand the mouse doesn't work when both left & right buttons are used at the same time,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
Have you attempted using new batteries? the reason issue has occurred could be due to low batteries.
Did you reinstall the mouse drivers?
While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:
- To start, hold the Windows Key and the X key down at the same time. A new window will pop up in the lower left hand corner.
- Choose Device Manager, which will open a new window.
- Click on the arrow next to Network Adapters, and find the Wireless Adapters.
- Next double click on the Wireless Adapter, it will open a new window.
- Next choose the Driver Tab and click on uninstall.
- Once you choose uninstall you will get a confirmation window that pops up.
On some devices below the warning text you may get a box that is unchecked that says delete driver software. Make sure you leave that box unchecked.
- Once you have chosen OK to uninstall, your device will be uninstalled. The final step will be to restart your computer. The device will redetect on reboot.
- Finally you will need to reconnect to your wireless network by double clicking on the wireless connection. A new window will open from the right hand side of the screen. You will choose your network and reconnect.
That process will reset the adapter and the software and many times will fix issues with intermittent disconnect or no connection at all. If you are still having issues after this procedure, then there is some other cause for the problem, hence try with an alternate mouse and check if the issue persists.
Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
03-26-2018 03:51 PM - edited 03-26-2018 03:58 PM
I was following your instructions, however, when I clicked on Network adaptors, I did not see wireless adaptor. It has a several "WAN miniports", "Realtech gaming GBE", "Intel Dual Band Wireless", "Bluetooth Device RFCOMM and Personal work area". Which of these options do you want me to click on?
Also please not
1. I do not have this issue with my alternate mouse
2. This issue is not just in the game; I tested it out of the game. same thing, holding down the right and left mouse cause it to reset after 5 secs causing the mouse scroll to blink 3 times
3. The mouse is new
03-26-2018 05:40 PM
Thank you for responding,
It's great to have you back 😉
I would request you to Contact HP to have the mouse replaced as the issue doesn't occur on the alternate mouse,
as it seems to be a hardware malfunction on the mouse you have issues with:
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
* Enter Product number or select to auto detect
* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.
If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you,
feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee