Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChaseDunlap
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Processor Issues When shut down or sleep?

HP 580-137C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP 580-137C

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Processor

AMD RX 550 Graphics

16GB Samsung RAM (2x8GB)

When I put my computer to sleep and then wake it up or turn it on from a shutdown, My processor functions very poorly my benchmark is 12.4%

When I restart the computer, My benchmark is fine. So, whenever I want to play a game I need to wake the computer up or turn it on then restart it for everything to work properly.

Things I have done.

A complete reinstall of Windows 10

Updated BIOS, there was an update available.

Updated Chipset, there was an update

Checked for and installed driver updates on all hards from the device manager menu Some were avail and some were not

Checked for and installed driver updates from the HP website.

My temperature at Idle is 33C

My temperature under stress is about 48C

What could possibly be going on to cause this? The computer is relatively new (March 2018) and I do not have anything crazy installed on it Adobe software, MS Office Software, and Star Wars The Old Republic. Because the issue is happening from a specific event, the problem must be a specific one? (Thats my somewhat uneducated thought)

Thank you in advanced

-Chase

4 REPLIES 4
Level 12
Level 12
5,750 5,738 542 1,200
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings ChaseDunlap,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

What benchmark are you using? What is the benchmark score when you restart your PC?

You have provided temps, which seem to be within acceptable ranges. But what temps are you checking?

The RX 550 is an okay graphics card. The Ryzen 1700 is a nice processor and you have enough RAM to play games.

You can check your PC's expected performance with various games at this site.

Get the latest AMD driver for the 550 from AMD if HP is not providing exclusive support for this graphics card.

Regards

ChaseDunlap
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am using UserBenchmark. After a restart my processor score at 87%  I will check your recomondation momentarily.

Thank you,

-Chase

0 Kudos
ChaseDunlap
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The latest drivers for everything are installed. the site you recomended, I pass with flying color for most games. Your right that the RX 550 is just okay but I dont need too much for what Im doing. I did just get off the phone with HP and after discussing what I have done on the software side of thing they suspect that there is an issue with the motherboard so they are sending me a box and will fix it for free. 

Thank you for your help and ideas,

-Chase

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,750 5,738 542 1,200
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Chase,

You're very welcome.

Sounds good.

Regards

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation