Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 580 155nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello I want to change the graphics card and I wonder if I would have no problem with my motherboard (tempa2) I will take a vega rx 56 I will change the power supply (650w) and box so I ask myself a question the motherboard is compatible

Thank you for answering me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Soniss wrote:

just see if there's room in the computer case?

YES, take a tape measure or ruler and measure from where the current video card is at the back of the computer, to where the new card would end inside. You just need to know that what ever card you buy, will fit inside and have enough ROOM.

You want to know if the length of the card will fit.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

HEllo @Soniss 

Not sure if that card will fit. You need to measure the available space where the current card sits and compare it with the new cards specs. It might be too long, you will have to see.

Otherwise, that would be the only limitation.

HP Recommended

I do not understand what to do

HP Recommended

@Soniss wrote:

YES, take a tape measure or ruler and measure from where the current video card is at the back of the computer, to where the new card would end inside. You just need to know that what ever card you buy, will fit inside and have enough ROOM.

You want to know if the length of the card will fit.

HP Recommended

ok thank you but I can move the motherboard and put it in another box ?

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what kind of issues you might run into. Its a micro-ATX form factor motherboard. Some of the wiring might be proprietary and would take some time to connect possibly. If the IO shield on the back is removable, it would probably work out. OK.

HP Recommended

What do you mean by proprietary ?

HP Recommended

Proprietary means it could have connectors and such that are not standard. You can most likely install the board to another Micro ATX compatible case though, but I don't think the power connectors for the switches will look like the same layout as a standard motherboard will.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.