Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power 580-023w Gaming Tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

I Currently have an HP Pavilion Power PC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077S27YLP/ref=dp_cerb_2 and I play alot of games such as PUBG (Players Unknown Battle Grounds), Fortnite, CS:GO (Counter Strike Global Offensive), Apex Legends, etc. and very frequently have trouble with loading into games, crashing randomly, lagging around in games, builds and graphics in games not loading in, and frequent freezing mid gameplay. I have talked to people online about this issue, and explained to them these problems and the fact I have a steady internet connection, and they said it's probably due to the fact my computer does not have a SSD Drive? I bought a pre built computer and do not have much experience with putting parts together but I may be able to if I buy one. I have been looking at one inparticular, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-1-tb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive/5969503.p?skuId=5969.... I talked with someone online from Best Buy and they reccomended this brand imparticular, with 1TB of space. Would this be to much space? Or would this be what I need? And would it be compatible with my PC? And if yes for both, where could I find out how to install it, and if I need any extra parts to install it with? If not, could anyone link me or help me find what I need? 

I know it's alot to ask for. Thanks for reading, all help appreciated!

RCJ1 / Rob

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @RCJ1 

frequently have trouble with loading into games, crashing randomly, lagging around in games, builds and graphics in games not loading in, and frequent freezing mid game play. I have talked to people online about this issue, and they said it's probably due to the fact my computer does not have a SSD Drive? 

Yes and No. Using an SSD will make the overall system run faster as load times decrease greatly. Windows will boot much faster and games will initially load quicker. But freezing, game lag or crashing could be caused by a whole lot of other reasons. The solution for one person, will not be correct for the next person. Video drivers, lack of memory, faulty power supply are just some of the reasons. The only way to find out is by troubleshooting by trial and error until you figure it out.

You will have to read up on Troubleshooting various things on the internet. I could suggest things all day and it may or may not help.

One place to start is to run the UEFI Diagnostics. Rapidly tap F2 at power-on and immediately tap the F2 key rapidly until the UEFI Diag menu appears (Windows has not started). Navigate to Extensive Tests and run if for everything. This might take a few hours. If there is something failing (hardware), the test will usually find it.

I talked with someone online from Best Buy and they recommended this brand in particular, with 1TB of space. Would this be to much space? Or would this be what I need? And would it be compatible with my PC? And if yes for both...

Yes to both as it (the SSD) is exactly the same capacity as the original HDD that came with the computer. Although you can install any capacity you wish, I would go with at least 1 TB. The Samsung SSD will work fine. But any name brand SSD will also work. If its just easier to go to Best Buy, that's up to you.

where could I find out how to install it, and if I need any extra parts to install it with?

I found a video from someone who goes through all the steps you should need to know to install the SSD and add Windows back to it.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JaHLyppI1s

and if I need any extra parts to install it with?

• You will need the drive screws that usually don't come with the SSD. They will be type M3, usually 3mm in length works.
  • You will also need a Sata cable. Measure the length of the existing Sata cable mounted on the old HDD and get another one like it. The Sata power connection should already be there. Its actually talked about in the video too.
  • You will also need a 16GB USB thumb drive to create the HP Recovery Media. This is what you will use to install Windows to the new drive. Its also covered in the video.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.