Did you mean: 
Jackman9061
Level 2
22 12 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Quiet Gaming Desktop

I was wondering what HP gaming desktop is both powerful in graphics, I won't break the bank buying it, and is quiet enough so I won't hear it while I'm gaming on it? If I still have to break the bank that's ok, it's just a benefit if I don't have to spend a ton of money on it.

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,124 3,239
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Quiet Gaming Desktop

Hello @Jackman9061

It all depends on what games you play and other stuff you use, to determine how power is powerful.

Are you into MMO style like League of Legends or first person AAA games like Battlefield?

MMO style will be just fine with a 1050, 1050ti.

AAA will need at least a 1060, 1070 or up.

I like 16 GB of ram minimum for gaming and other stuff like video rendering, etc with an i7 (although the Ryzen 7 1700 is running nice for bang per buck).

NVMe SSD is a must also (bigger is better).

Then add a Western Digital Blk HDD for storage afterward.

Personally I would stick to the more traditional style desktop tower like the 800 series, they are cheaper than the BIG BOX machines, plus I dont need a light show.

You can go to the links above this thread and choose Desktops>Gaming and view what is available in your area.

I will add... you might benefit from getting a more minimal system and upgrading some of the parts yourself. Like ram and SSD.  :Wink:

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation