Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

just a quick question, that i could not find anywhere else.

i want to buy hyperx fury memory 2x8gb. im not sure what my current RAM is using but if i must trust the hp website it runs 3200mhz at 1.2v will it matter if i buy 3200mhz at 1.35v and pair the 2 wit my existing (1.2v) ones? also will my motherboard support it? 

Hana

• Model: Micro ATX: 24 x 24 cm
  • Chipset: B550
  • memorysockets: 4 x DDR4 (288-pins)
  • Processorsocket: AM4
  • expansionslots:
    • one PCI Express 4.0 x16 lanes
    • one PCI Express 3.0 x1 lanes
    • one M.2-socket 1, key A
    • two M.2-sockets 3, key M (voor SSD-kaart PCIe x4 Gen 3)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@THHLubberink wrote:

,, i want to buy hyperx fury memory 2x8gb. im not sure what my current RAM is using but if i must trust the hp website it runs 3200mhz at 1.2v

@THHLubberink 

It uses standard DDR4 voltage which is 1.2 volt using 1.35 volt won't help and may cause many troubles than good.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@THHLubberink wrote:

,, i want to buy hyperx fury memory 2x8gb. im not sure what my current RAM is using but if i must trust the hp website it runs 3200mhz at 1.2v

@THHLubberink 

It uses standard DDR4 voltage which is 1.2 volt using 1.35 volt won't help and may cause many troubles than good.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

1 more question since you got the answers. 🙂

does the PC4-25600 specifaction matter if i would for example buy : HyperX FURY - DDR4 - 16 GB: 2 x 8 GB - DIMM 288-PIN - 2666 MHz / PC4-21300 - CL16 - 1.2 V - niet-gebufferd - niet-ECC - zwart

and if im correct this set would downgrade my current 2x8gb memory to 2666mhz and wont have complications, right?

EDIT:

this ram i found just now should be good right?

https://www.copaco.com/nl-nl/hardware/kingston-technology-fury-renegade-geheugenmodule-16-gb-2-x-8-g...

i cant find out the pc4 on the site tho. but im also not sure if this really is that important

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.