Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.  I continue to see this topic be one of question but I don't seem to find consistent answers or solutions.  It sounds like some people could have had some luck, others not.  My issue is RAM speed.  I've downloaded a few of the different BIOS updates and tried them, but none of the updates have automatically updated RAM speed or allowed access to settings for controlling RAM speed.  There is also no control of the HYPER-X RGB RAM colors or other features in the OMEN Gaming Hub regardless of any updates applied.

I replaced the stock DDR-4 HYPER-X Fury with DDR-4 3200 mhz Hyper-X Fury but the system defaults the speed at 2400 mhz.  The piece that is very frustrating is the product overview data sheet from HP clearly STATES that the memory is upgradeable to the capacity and specifications of the RAM type I've upgraded to.

I'd prefer to not use RyzenMaster to edit values, I'm not confident that is a real solution.  Has anyone had any luck recently with a similar upgrade and found a solution through BIOS or the Omen Gaming Hub.  I'll also add that I've never been able to get an advanced tab in BIOS like some with Intel processors might have been able to get with BIOS updates.

Current PC Specifications

bilg123_0-1644157216039.png

Product Overview Specification Sheet, showing 3200 mhz is compatible .

bilg123_0-1644158249019.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bilg123 

Unfortunately you have to buy HP parts to be able to get the result.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.