Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk 875-0084 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased 3600mhz 2x16 ram for my desktop and it isnt running at the full 3600hz but at the 2666hz. Is my computer not compatible with this ram or are there any workarounds to get it to work? I'm pretty new to computers so any help is appreciated. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Its not going to run at its rated XMP profile speeds as HP are not providing any way in the bios or anything else to enable XMP.

The only work around is Intel XTU, but if you are not experienced with it or will do tinker around software, I wouldn't recommend it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.