Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to buy ram but my friend told me to be careful because the ram may be not compatible  so I someone know what ram can I had to my motherboard ? (the mother board is : 8767 Baker)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Tom259 

Just a heads up: always post the full model or Product number of your computer. The number you gave is actually only a series identifier.

Press Control/Alt/S for the information menu in windows
Or
Go to the Start menu and scroll to H/HP Help and Support/HP Support Assistant.
Open the program and click on your computer in the list.
The 7 digit Product Number will be listed in both those places.

In the mean time...

Are you adding to existing ram or replacing? I always recommend using a tool like CPUz to look up the existing timings of your current ram and match it. Helps eliminate possible issues with compatibility, especially if you are adding to existing ram.

Example:

mem timings.PNG

Memory finders like Crucial's memory finder are a good place to look also. Crucial for example, guarantees their ram to work.

https://www.crucial.com/store/advisor

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.