Did you mean: 
yug3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Ram for the omen obelisk

HP Recommended
Obelisk

So I want to buy RAM for my Obelisk desktop and i was wondering if The computer will take 16 gig Ram stick if I have 2 slots(1 with an 8 gig stick) or if i need to buy an 8 gig stick?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
jimmyjetson
Level 2
11 5 1 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What i did when I upgraded my HP ENVY from 16 gig's, with 2 slots, each 8 gig's, go to a website called CRUCIAL. They specialize in aftermarket upgrades and are very good. They will hook you up with exactly what you will need and yes, you'll be needing 2 sticks of 8 gigs each, but don't go buy them separately, they come in sets. Go to crucial . they have it all in there.

0 Kudos
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,666 12,443 1,306 4,290
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @yug3 

When asking for info, it helps us if you also include the full model or product number, so we can look up your PC's stats. 😉

The Crucial Memory Finder is a good option to purchase from. Buying all new ram is ideal, but you don't have to buy all new ram if you want to save a few dollars. You can also add to your current 8GB stick with another one. As long as the timings/voltage match, it will be compatible and run in dual channel.

To do this, use a tool like CPUz and see what the timings are of your current stick. Then shop for another that has those same timings.

Example:

mem timings cpuz.JPG

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation