Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
870-121no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I have an Omen by HP 870-121no. I have came to the conclusion that i need more ram, i need at least 10gb of ram. I am not a computer expert, but i wonder if these ram sticks work with the motherboard ect. https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-PC4-19200-2400MHZ-Platform-F4-2400C15S-4GIS/dp/B01AIZUPW4 

I would be very pleased if you'd answear this.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yes your motherboard supports 2133Mhz...and this G-Skill kit you chosed will default to 2133 Mhz when used on the motherboard who DOES NOT support XMP Profile to enable larger than SPD speeds!!!

Your motherboard specs:

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel (one DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports up to PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    NOTE: 
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

If I were you...I would choose a kit with speeds of 2133 Mhz....it will be cheaper...as you have NO USE for higher memory speeds!

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

ok. from the beginning i wanted 233mhz, but i couldn't find any of those on amazon. But i've found some of them on swedish websites, but i choose the amazon link cause you will now understand swedish... i think

HP Recommended

i mean 2133mhz ofc

HP Recommended

Just buy a kit of 2133 Mhz one...8GB or 16GB if its in your budget

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.