04-11-2019 11:55 AM
Hi! I have an Omen by HP 870-121no. I have came to the conclusion that i need more ram, i need at least 10gb of ram. I am not a computer expert, but i wonder if these ram sticks work with the motherboard ect. https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-PC4-19200-2400MHZ-Platform-F4-2400C15S-4GIS/dp/B01AIZUPW4
I would be very pleased if you'd answear this.
04-11-2019 01:30 PM
Yes your motherboard supports 2133Mhz...and this G-Skill kit you chosed will default to 2133 Mhz when used on the motherboard who DOES NOT support XMP Profile to enable larger than SPD speeds!!!
Your motherboard specs:
Memory upgrade information
- Dual channel (one DIMM per channel) memory architecture
- Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
- Supports up to PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)
- Supports 4 GB and 8 GB UDIMMs
- Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
NOTE:32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
- Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
If I were you...I would choose a kit with speeds of 2133 Mhz....it will be cheaper...as you have NO USE for higher memory speeds!
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe