Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 25l
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently purchased omen 25L 8gb, but looking online I’ve read that you can’t just simply upgrade the ram unless it’s from hp? Can’t seem to find the part on hp 

I don’t get my computer till dec 12. Should I just return it? Or anybody know the link to buy the part or how to access it. At this point I don’t mind paying that extra money I taught I saved with the cyber sale  just mad that is advertised that is upgradable but it’s really not 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Gator15 

Yes, they come with 3200 Mhz speed ram now.

While you technically can upgrade ram, there will most likely be problems as a lot of others have experienced with getting it to continue to run at 3200. You would be better off to order it configured with what you really want to begin with.

When HP sells parts as stand alone, they are pricey. Not worth it really in my opinion.

You also need to post what your specific Product Number or full model number is, to help us better look up your PC info so we know exactly what we're dealing with.

HP Recommended

Yes what the expert said above, but I think the 25L doesn't come with overclockable memory and it most likely will be running at default 2666mhz speeds, so in this case any 2666mhz ram will be fine, again as long as you are not planning to overclock it. 

HP Recommended

Good point, I did do some more checking and some of the individual models are still being produced with slower 2666 ram. So it depends on what you have @Gator15 

I should have asked you to post the exact Product Number of your system so we know exactly what you have.

Press the Ctrl/Alt/S keys together to get the pop up information window and tell us what your Product Number is.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.