moranbishop
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Randomly goes into hibernatiom

HP Recommended
OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an OMEN on 1/4/2019 at Best Buy at the recommendation of the Geek Squad, as I make animation videos using iClone by reallusion. Within a few weeks of buying it, I began having issues, loading small programs and the computer periodically going into hibernation, whether I was working on something or just turned it on. I've had it in the Geek Squad, I've used their online services, but they can't find the intermittent problem.

There are times that all the lights are on, but the screen is black and it will not come out of hibernation. I can't even shut it off and reboot manually, without shutting off the power to it.

When I get it up again and sign in, whatever I was working on or had open is still there. Some days this will happen 4 to 6 times within a 3 to 4 hour time frame. Other times I have no problems.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation