Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello - I have the same desktop purchased just a few days ago and one of the monitors is not displaying.  My intention was to display on 4 monitors so I purchased (3) Rankie DisplayPort (DP) to HDMI Cable  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z05JMKO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and connect the fourth via HDMI cable to the HDMI port.  As stated in this thread, all 3 of the DisplayPorts and the singe HDMI port are on the same slot for the video card.  Unfortunately, I can't get one of the Displayports to connect to a monitor. It appears to be a specific DP port - I switched cords and whichever monitor is connected to that port would not display.  I'll keep trying HP support and will contact Geek Squad also but hoping someone in this forum has an idea.  Thank you.   

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Vrubel 

If you disconnect all the monitors, then only connect to that one display port that's giving the issue, does it work then?

If not, its definitely a bad port and the card would have to be replaced.

HP Recommended

Thanks Photoray.  I disconnected all and reconnected to the offending port and it didn't work so it seems to be pointing to a bad port.  But here's an interesting thing...when I plug in a single monitor into a port I know is working, it does not connect.  I plug a second monitor into a working port and still no connection; I plug the 3rd monitor into my remaining HDMI port and voila, all 3 monitors connect.  So, not sure if there's some type of sequencing (or something) going on here where all ports need to be engaged for connection to occur but either way, that single DP port is not engaging.  Not sure why this would be - I'll provide feedback on where I end up.  Thanks.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.