Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi i have a hp omen 880-p0xx with a nvidia 1030 and i want to replace it with a msi gtx 1070 gaming x will it work the 1030 has no chords plugged into it and the 1070 requires it what do i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

EDIT, you replied back before I could anwer. But Ill leave my answer up anyway.

OK then, you just meet the bare minimum requirements for cpu. You would want the 1070 for high settings on that monitor.

That means you will have to replace the power supply.

I cannot find the particular Corsair 500/550w models that I like, available much at this moment when I do a search. But I would recommend staying with a known good name brand like Corsair, EVGA or Seasonic. Modular or non modular is up to you and how much you want to spend. 500w is the minimum. You can go with a higher wattage just fine, if you find a better deal on one.

The 8 pin connector comes with the power supply, so its dependant on that, not whats installed on your PC at the moment.

The 8 pin plug on the graphics card will be obvious when you get it.

I would do some research on installing parts on YouTube before starting.

Example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAbuvCwCCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBcu6KxcD08

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello @gusmartin1994 

What is your full product number?

Go to Start and open the HP Support Assistant.

The product number will show at the bottom of the window.

HP Recommended

2HJ79AA#ABA

HP Recommended

OK thanks. You have an OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-068.

To upgrade to the GTX 1070, you will need to replace the full sized ATX power supply to at least 500w minimum.

Check the requirements for the card your are going to purchase. It will most likely require an 8 pin connector (or 6+2 pin will also work).

Let me know if you have other questions.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info how does the 8 pin connector hook up i know where it goes on the card but where does it run from there?

HP Recommended

Is there a better card i could go with that doesnt require such an upgrade at this time.

HP Recommended

I don’t mean to bug you with all the questions just want to make sure I get it right so I don’t screw anything up I found a bunch of 500 W power supplies for not too expensive but how do I make sure they work with my computer does any power supply work for Any computer

HP Recommended

I have a 6 and a 2 pin already in the computer so I’m good there

HP Recommended

Lets start with one question at a time...

"Is there a better card i could go with that doesnt require such an upgrade at this time."

What is your goal with this upgrade specifically?

Ergo, what games are you playing and on what kind of monitor specs?

HP Recommended

I want to to play Conan and ark and I have a hp 27sv screen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.