Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

@Photoray002 I want to do the same upgrade to my Pavilion Desktop PC 570-Po45XT but HP support said there was a size limit of 256Mb on the SSD that I could add. Is the 2280 Form Factor for a 500 MB NVMe too long to fit in the case properly ?? I can't think of any other reason why there might be a limit on the SDD.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

256MB or GB?

HP might have only shipped that series with up to a 256 GB SSD and perhaps that is what the employee was confused about, but the overall capacity the port will accept is not limited to that. Yes you must use the 2280 form.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

256MB or GB?

HP might have only shipped that series with up to a 256 GB SSD and perhaps that is what the employee was confused about, but the overall capacity the port will accept is not limited to that. Yes you must use the 2280 form.

HP Recommended

I went with the 500GB SSD NVME M.2 Samsung 970 Evo, install was easy and all went well.  Decided not to spend the xtra $$ for a 1TB.

HP Recommended

Thanks for quick response to my query. I plan to buy a Samsung 970 EVO Plus @ 500G.  Wish me luck !

HP Recommended

Thanks for your comment on my situation.  I plan to go with the Samsung 970 EVO Plus @ 500G.  Wish me luck.

HP Recommended

256MB or GB?

HP might have only shipped that series with up to a 256 GB SSD and perhaps that is what the employee was confused about, but the overall capacity the port will accept is not limited to that. Yes you must use the 2280 form. krogerfeedback

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.