Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi @Photoray002

I have the same desktop (thanks Costco!) and planning to add m.2 SSD per your post.  Thanks.

1. Any input on this SSD (HP EX900 M.2 250GB PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3D TLC NAND - 40$ on ebay). I am not going to be doing any gaming. 
  2. In my desktop, the internal fan seems to be running continuously (there is  a constant hum). When ambient noise is low the hum is annoying. Are you experiencing this. I upgraded the BIOS, and checked for any fan settings didn't find any. Any suggestions? HP support says it should not happen and to send it in for repair! I'd rather exchange it in Costco, but wanted to check if behavior is expected or not before doing that.

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No I didnt experience any loud hum except a little bit of fan noise.

The Hum might also be the hard drive, sometimes they can do that if they are faulty.

Exchanging at Costco will be faster for you than going thru Support, yes.

That SSD should work fine.

HP Recommended

Thanks. The constant noise is the fan. I'll exchange and see if it is a faulty unit. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.