Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, but i was wondering if you found a solution to your problem regarding the asus 270g? I'm wanting to order one to upgrade my omen x build, but it would be a bummer if the case lights didn't work. If you found a solution and could help me out, that'd be greatly appreciated. Or/Also, if you could tell me if the asus 270g works in the omen x case, i.e. did you have any problems installing it? Case lights aren't my top corcern (i could probably find a way to jerry rig it), but compatibility of the case and the mobo is top priority. Even if you don't respond, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Anything helps and thanks again,

- P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hello,
The Asus Z272G fits into the Omen X chassis with ease . Note: The Z272G has two USB 2 headers and one USB 3 header. The Omen X require two USB 2 and two USB 3 connections. I installed a USB 2 expansion because I need two USB2 to use for my CPU cooler and power supply "Corsair Link". I also installed a "Y" USB 3 splitter and connected both of the omen X USB 3 cables. Once all these things were connected Simultaneously the RGB lighting is controllable using the omen x control program.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Hello,
The Asus Z272G fits into the Omen X chassis with ease . Note: The Z272G has two USB 2 headers and one USB 3 header. The Omen X require two USB 2 and two USB 3 connections. I installed a USB 2 expansion because I need two USB2 to use for my CPU cooler and power supply "Corsair Link". I also installed a "Y" USB 3 splitter and connected both of the omen X USB 3 cables. Once all these things were connected Simultaneously the RGB lighting is controllable using the omen x control program.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, this helped a lot! If i can, i have couple more quesstions? where did you find the omenX usb3 cables? what is corsair link and what did you use it for? is the usb2 expansion something i need? do you have any tips for installing the new board? sorry if im asking a lot of questions, you seem to be the only other person to try this. Thanks again for your help!

HP Recommended
"Asus Z 270G"
USB 3 " splitter cable" from modDIY.com

If you run out on 2 headers then you need a USB 2 expansion.

Corsair Link is a USB Link to the liquid CPU cooler and 1200W power supply . It allows me to monitor and control those two devices via software.

Which mobo are you upgrading from?
HP Recommended

First off, thank you again. The omen x i have has the stock "munich-k" motherboard ( https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05360711 ). I was gifted this by friends and family and didn't have much say in anything LOL. What RAM are you running in your mobo and what processor? (i have i7-7700k and 8gb corsair, looking to upgrade to 3200mhz trident z after the new board.)

HP Recommended
i7-7700k + 16Gb pny 2400Mhz
HP Recommended

Alright. Well, I would like to thank you for the help you've given me today. It has made my decision on this motherboard a whole lot easier. Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

I also have this Motherboard in this case, using factory 1300 PSU and Factory Liquid Cooler, its a tough case to work in but I have cleaned it up nicely.

I am having some specific issues with this case and Motherboard and I wondered if you are seeing these issues, or my problems are related to a hardware problem.

My first issue is disappearing BluRay Drive, it sometimes shows up, sometimes, works, sometimes just disappears, reboot and its back, this is Windows 10 Pro.

My other bigger issue is the front panel audio jack, it wasnt working at all at first, not even seeing a headphone plugged in, got past that with drivers from asus and realtek, never get audio from this jack, does yours work? Ive tried speakers and headphones, get message about impedance when using asus software, I wonder if the front panel power is driving the headphones as well as the motherboard onboard audio and its overdriving the port.The port works fine on the motherboard back port, but I would like to use, all these ports.

Also the splitter you are using, does it allow you to use all the usb ports? My understanding is that splitter cant support more than 2 usb ports, the other smaller usb ports on the case, have you tested them?

The factory motherboard has 2 usb 3.0 headers, the 270g has one, but has a free usb 2.0, I am going to connect to it until the 3.1 usb motherboard has an adapter to 19 pin header cable from the case.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I work with hp workstations and servers alot, this case had no real info on the cabling and specifics about the front panel.

Hello,

HP Recommended
Curt12345:
I have not experienced any of the problems you mentioned.
I did not install an optical drive.
As for your front panel audio problem make certain that connector/header #16 is connected. The header is labeled "AAFP" on the motherboard. I suggest you disconnect, check for bent or shorted pins . Re-connect firmly and all should be OK.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response, my issue on the audio side seems to be driver related, used the hp realtek driver, still not getting the headphones to get audio when the speakers are plugged in the motherboard.

On your splitter, have you tested the small usb ports on the side with the splitter? I dont think they will work with the splitter, each usb 3.0 header cable is supposed to only drive 2 usb ports, I have the splitter and the usb 3.0 to usb 2.0, will test them in alil, I dont even have any of the smaller usb port cables so I am not in a rush to figure that out, if the splitter allows for the use of 1 of each port group just not all 4 at once I would be ok with that.

I love the case, fans are alil loud,  the motherboard is pretty good, overclocks well on the cpu 4.94 with the omen factory LC, not as much luck with my gskill 2400 memory, its not running the xmp profile, runs at 2133 but tight timings.

I have a bluray drive I added to it panasonic uj272 from ebay, it is not disappearing anymore, after I turned off raid in the bios, I have a samsung 960 evo m.2 on the motherboard, if anyone uses this board and the front m.2 they need to leave port one on the sata free as it shares with the front side m.2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.