Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

so are the only intel cpus that are able to be overclocked the k's and the only nvidia gpus th TI's sorry im kinda new to the whole pc thing 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @ND23 

Correct. An Intel CPU needs to be the K version which means its been unlocked at the Intel factory to enable overclocking. Does not matter what brand of computer you have.

Not sure what you mean about the TI graphics cards. As far as I know, the Omen Command Center does not overclock the GPU. You would have to use a third party tool to mess with those settings.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05387497

HP Recommended

@ND23 , welcome to the forum.

You can use MSI Afterburner to overclock your video card (GPU).  It will work with any brand of card.  Here is a guide to help you understand how it works.  The guide is a bit long, but you can move ahead to the important parts.

I have used Afterburner for years with great success.  You should definitely go slowly with increasing the settings.  The faster the settings the more HEAT is generated.  Also, always test the settings before making them permanent.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Yep MSI. I was going to mention that after the fact. 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.