Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, I've set the lights on off in the omen control program, and it works until you reboot, then the awful rotaing light show on the front of this desktop computer comes back again.

I'd be very interested in solving this issue, and a pair of clippers to the wire may be my next choice.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Yep, old chestnut and remains unresolved. There are quite a few threads / queries about it - just look at threads I contributed to.

Only today Omen Control stopped controlling LEDs on my desktop completely - they just remain static. Funny enough, it coincided with HP System Event Utility update via HP Assistant...

I fed that back to HP Support (I have an open case with them) and see what they say. FYI: they reviewed the logs generated by special piece of software that they supplied to me and (assumingly not finding anything wrong on my PC) the only suggestion they had was for me to disable all non-MS services & start-up programs via MSCONFIG and see what happens next. Doh!

(myself, I suspect some weird MS-HP driver/software incompatibility here)

HP Recommended

I might have found a solution for the problem. A few days ago I formatted my PC and made a clean install of Windows 10 since I got fed up with the lights not working, so I gave it a try. After manually downloading the program (without using HP Support Assistant) from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-870-000-desktop-pc-series/11084748/model... , the lights are working fine. I tried to restart the PC and the lights stayed as they were when I set them up. Apparently there should be a bug in the OS that HP install on this PC model  which doesn't allow you to save the settings from OMEN Control and loose them after you shutdown or restart the system.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your update.

What exact version of Win 10 did you install? Original? November Update? Anniversary Update? Creators Update?

HP Recommended

I installed it Media Creation Tool from Microsoft, so it must be Creators Update since it downloads the latest Windows version.

HP Recommended

Interesting, someone else here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/OMEN-Control-not-Controlling-LED...

also confirmed that it started working for him correctly once his Win10 was upgraded to Creators Update.

I may await this release then rather than chasing HP. Still, it would be really good to know what seems to be the blocker.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.