Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Unknown

Does this work with the HP Pavilion 590-p0033w , I just talked to a agent and they said this is the only upgrade avalible

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Paladin1980 

I don't recommend you try re-wiring another PSU just to get the 4 pin connectors that are needed for your proprietary Lincs motherboard, like the other guy did on that other thread.

Here is the link to the HP Parts Surfer that should let you actually order the 400W custom PSU that will work for your model

You might be asked to choose the country you are in first, I assume you are in the USA so it will be available.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L04618-800

Tick the box under Add to Cart, then go to your Cart to finalize the ordering process.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Paladin1980 

I don't recommend you try re-wiring another PSU just to get the 4 pin connectors that are needed for your proprietary Lincs motherboard, like the other guy did on that other thread.

Here is the link to the HP Parts Surfer that should let you actually order the 400W custom PSU that will work for your model

You might be asked to choose the country you are in first, I assume you are in the USA so it will be available.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L04618-800

Tick the box under Add to Cart, then go to your Cart to finalize the ordering process.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

yeah that's the one i'm gonna buy, Will it work for my desktop?

HP Recommended

"Will it work for my desktop?"

Yes, that is why I gave you the link to the ordering page. It is what you have to have to work in that particular desktop because of the proprietary wiring scheme.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, I'm a gamer so the standard 180PSU  just isn't gonna cut it. I wish I knew how much amps are on the 400W

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.