cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Re: SSD upgrade

HP Recommended

Me again...not sure if it's best to start a new thread but I'll give it a go on here.

I install the PSU I previously linked and it's all good, however I noticed it didn't come with one of the cables that link the optical drive to the PSU unit. Do you know what it's called and where I might find one so I can connect. It's not a huge issue as I rarely use the CD drive. Picture below is of my old PSU with the cable that went Into the optical drive and the one I need In order to connect it to my new PSU.

Thanks again

IMG_20200801_210939.jpg

IMG_20200801_210941.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,939 11,740 1,233 3,640
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ya thats called a P5 Slimline power connector. Its oddball and found on DVD drives in HP systems usually.

Here is the adapter you can connect to a standard 15pin Sata power connector. They also make them adapt to Molex.

Its Amazon USA but it will give you an idea what to search in the UK.

https://www.amazon.com/Pin-Slimline-SATA-Power-Cable/dp/B0056OA8ZW

Moving this to a new thread and you can mark it solved. Thanks again. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Great thank you. Sorry about using old thread.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 9 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,939 11,740 1,233 3,640
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Should be fine, as long as the length of the Sata cable is long enough and I imagine it will be. Measure the one you have now and see how long you need.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation