Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk i7 16GB 2TB 256GB RTX2060 Gaming PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I game any games my CPU get's a really really high temp. It will go anywhere from 80-94 Anyone know how to fix it? My PC is currently on a carpet which I know is bad. But If I set it up on my desk will it be fine and decrease these temperatures? Also is there anything else I can do?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would move the case off the carpet.

Sustained 94 C CPU temps while gaming are not good. How are the 2060 temps?

You have a CPU cooling problem or a chassis cooling problem. Do you have an air cooler or liquid cooling on the CPU?

Contact HP (Link) if in warranty or have a local PC tech provide some input.

Changing the CPU cooler, adding a case fan (if possible), or reapplying CPU thermal paste may help.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello. I have the basic CPU cooler the omen one that is pre installed. My GPU temps honestly seem fine but can be a bit weird every now and then usually 66-75 when degrees when gaming. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Graphics card temps are good.

You need to fix the CPU cooling problem. You probably have an air cooler.

Reapply thermal paste on the CPU or replace the air cooler.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi how will I know which cooler fits what cpu?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please provide a specific product number.

HP makes many Obelisk PCs. 

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP likes to use Micro ATX cases and motherboards.

Replacing the CPU cooler requires checking the chassis and the motherboard dimensions.

Then you must shop for a cooler which provides better cooling and fits in the case and works with potential motherboard obstacles.

It is much easier to have a local PC tech do the heavy lifting for you if you don't normally do this stuff.

You may have to disassemble the PC to install the CPU cooler back plate if you can't access the back of the motherboard when the motherboard is installed in the case. 

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.