Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
GT13-0380t

Computer came FedEx today despite a bit of uncertainty. Unfortunately, I will not be allowed to touch it until Christmas day, lol.

For reference.....

Ordered 11-15 direct from HP.

Original ship date was 12-14.

Ended up shipping 12-16

Did not get a shipped email or status change from HP until 12-18

Arrived 12-20

Omen 30L GT13-0380t - custom options

Intel i7-10700k w/RGB liquid cooler

32GP non RBG ram

WD black 1 TB SSD

RTX 3080

Wifi 6 

Not sure if this info helps anyone waiting on their computer..............

Have 32GB of memory ordered from HyperX I am not sure what I'm doing with yet and a 1TB WD black SSD to install as a second storage option.

Excited and a bit nervous. Any setup tips welcome!

Good luck to everyone waiting.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello

I doubt it will help anyone else ..

deliveries cannot be the same for all.

Excited and a bit nervous. Any setup tips welcome!

that said, what is your question exactly?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I am very interested to see what kind of temperatures you will be getting on that 10700K, hopefully a lot lower than ours on the 10850K and 10900K. Congrats on receiving it!

HP Recommended

@Promethee Just trying to spread some hope. Been a long time since I have had a decent desktop or messed with hardware, questions will come most likely.

HP Recommended

@Hwsense I’d be happy to share temp info once I get everything up and running. I do also have a few questions for you, haven’t figured out how to PM on the forum.

I watched your newest video and found it helpful I think.

HP Recommended

Appreciate the support, ask me any questions you might have. 

HP Recommended

So like I said, won't be able to open mine up until Christmas day. I am wondering if there are any differences between the Amazon and direct from HP models. 

Storage - Find it interesting that the SSD is installed in the other slot compared to your other computer. It is cool that there is now a heat sink on the SSD.

Is there also a heat sink in place for the unused M.2 port?

Is it likely that I will need to remove the graphics card to install a second M.2 SSD drive?

Memory - Not sure if you have seen this. Seems promising maybe, if you go down towards the bottom and read the note.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000i/33492325/model/2100180165/docume...

Now if I remember right, you said somewhere that the OEM installed memory is still not really using the XMP timings? If this is the case I am going to go ahead and mess with the intel tuning utility and probably also add the 2x16GB sticks I have. If the OEM installed memory is working as intended by HyperX out of the box I may send back the memory I bought separate and just leave well enough alone.

I may have more questions once I start getting setup. I figure I will get the computer running and windows configured and other misc tasks done before I go adding memory or the SSD just to make sure it's all good out of the box. Then the fun will start, haha.

HP Recommended

Yes they are using JEDEC instead of XMP. 

HP Recommended

Arrg lol I ordered mine on the 13th and I'm still waiting,it's in my town at the fedex facility.hp says its going to be delivered today but fedex is saying tomorrow.

HP Recommended

Well at least you know it's close!

My FedEx tracking varied quite a bit. Had said tomorrow at one point. Was saying it would be delivered Monday when it showed up Sunday night.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.