Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just spent $2000 on a computer expecting to get a free copy of Red Dead Redemption 2. I ordered the PC a month ago and it did not arrive until yesterday and did not have any code or paperwork for a free game. I reached out to customer support and received no response. After looking into these support boards it appears this offer may have been some kind of joke (an illegal joke). HP has already destroyed their credibility with me and I am returning the PC for a multitude of reasons. I just wanted everyone to know how little HP cares about its customers...I guess you have to spend more than $2500 to get respect from this company. Very sad and disturbing experience! Boxing up the PC now...:-(

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I was just curious, did you order the PC directly through the HP Store website, or another website like Amazon, etc?

HP has been experiencing slow response times for certain things due to the Covid debacle we've all had to endure.

HP Recommended

Sorry for my frustration. Unfortunately it appears that is the only way to get action from HP. After I ordered my computer, it was not even built until several weeks later when I called and tried to cancel the order because Amazon had a cheaper price. After I called to cancel, the computer shipped in 3 days. Now, in similar fashion I received my game codes only after I was initially ignored by multiple communication channels, including phone and email. Now that I have my computer and code, I should not have to contact HP again (fingers crossed). For that I am relieved. Sorry for taking up your time, please don't take my frustration with HP personally. Thanks, have a great day!

HP Recommended

@dogtoe23 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Got ya. Those codes can sometimes take several weeks to be sent as HP goes through a different outfit to handle that.

Glad its worked out at least. If you have any issues or questions with the computer, feel free to ask us here.

Those of us with the Expert moniker under our names are just volunteers, but glad to help.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I just want to say that now that everything was straightened, I am very happy with my purchase. It is unfortunate that a few phone reps do not have great communication, but overall I love my Omen gaming computer. It is so fast and VR is super crisp now. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.