Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-065a

No screws came with my new omen and i require some of specific size in order to affix the hard drive to the removable slot containers in the front.  Ones with a low profile.

Where can  I get them from?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @TJ-Hooker

I looked them up in the HP Parts finder and HP didn't supply them (at least not what I could find).

Im not sure who sells them.

They are basically shock proof tray caddy hard drive screws for 3.5 in HDD's.

There should have been a small package of them in the plastic pamplet bag that came with your Omen.

They look like this...

HP Omen HDD drive bay screws (2).jpg

Use the keywords I gave above and search for them on the web.

Dont confuse them with the 2.5 inch drive screws. They are slightly different.

3.5 in = #6-32 threaded.

2.5 in = M3x4mm threaded

HP Recommended

Unfortunatley these screws were certainly not in the box when I opened my omen.
I guess I should call HP?

HP Recommended

I would. Its a small packet of eight screws.

This is the link for Support...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Capture_06102018_042531.jpg

HP sent me out the wrong screws.
The thread doesn't go down all the way to the end on the ones you mentioned above (they sent those)...
Unfortunately the screw doesn't fit flush inside the hard drive as shown in photo and it still won't fit.
Advice?

HP Recommended

Looks like they sent the wrong screws. You would need to contact them back and tell them.

I dontknow of any other source that supplies them at the moment.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.