jariss
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Right fan on gpu stopped working

Omen 870-213w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My right fan on the gpu stopped spinning a couple days ago. All the power goes to the left fan, creating a lot of noise. My pc has been serviced by HP twice already. First was for an audio and video problem. They replaced the 1070 the pc came with with a 1080. This was in bthe beginning of Dec. The audio problem persisted, so I sent it in again. This time it took them a month without any communication for them to replace the usb hub. The 1080 they replaced the 1070 with in Dec. is broken now. I started a case, but I really don't want to send it in because I am in need of my pc, and can't wait much. They tried seeing if they could send me a replacement gpu, but they weren't able to. 

I have tried turning the fans up to 100% on afterburner, but the left one will only go up. If i spin the right fan a little, it will start spinning but slowly which leads me to believe the bearings are broken. If I could, I would replace them, but it's under warranty and I don't want to deal with that. 

My point is if I continue with the claim and send it in, will they replace the gpu with a 1080 or a 1070. Personally, I believe that if a company replaces a part for a problem and gives a better part, but that part breaks, they should replace the part with the same one. So, would they replace the broken gpu right now with a 1080, or with the 1070 that would come originally f you bought this pc.

Is there anything I could do to avoid sending it in? Should I try calling again and talking to the manager to see if they could perhaps send a replacement gpu? Would there be a way to make them replace the broken 1080 with a 1080?

Thank You.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,292 1,974
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Right fan on gpu stopped working

Hi! @jariss, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand after updating the graphics driver on your PC you have issues opening AMD Radeon software manager on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Have you tried updating the BIOS on your PC?

As you mentioned the right fan on the GPU has stopped functioning on your PC.

I have checked the specifications of your PC and your PC was shipped with 1070 graphics card.

So if they are going to replace the part on your PC it will be a 1070 graphics card. They will not upgrade any part on your PC.

I'm not sure if the manager is going to offer you an upgrade too.

However, you contact HP phone and check for support options.

Link to contact HP.

You can try updating the BIOS and chipset drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

You can update the drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation