Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

No worries. 😁

You are in luck. Most of the Pavilion Gaming desktops only take a micro-atx PSU. But yours can use the full ATX PSU.

That power supply looks like it will be fine. On its specs page it shows the dimensions. Look at the Length or depth in this case 86 x 140 x 150 mm (H x W x D). Take your ruler and make sure you have enough extra room to accommodate 150mm length and still have enough room for the cables to be inserted.

The other thing to remember is that those cases don't have very good airflow. So just watch your temps when you install the video card. Most cards now days blow the hot air back into the case  (open air cooler) instead of exhausting out the back (blower cooler). You will be just fine in my opinion. Just be aware of it. Tools like HWmonitor, Speccy, Core Temp, etc will all work for monitoring the temperatures.

Also remember that even though it has 2- x16 PCIe slots, they only run at x8 speed. You will not notice the difference though, especially with only a 1660 card.

HP Recommended

Me again....so I ended up going for the NVME Adata pro as mentioned above...however upon removal of case cover and looking at the Optane screw it is totally threaded...(thanks HP..) I've tried using a rubber band and a few other techniques to no avail.

My question. I cannot get the current Optane NVME out so can I just go with a regular 2.5inch sata SSD and use that or will the fact that the Optane NVME is still there cause a problem.

Many Thanks

HP Recommended

Did you mean the screw head is stripped and you cannot use a screw driver now?

If so, you will have to get creative. A Dremel works best, or what ever you can get to do the same thing.

You can try filing/grinding a slot to put a screwdriver in, or carefully cut/grind or drill the top of the screw off. Then take the optane drive off and unscrew the standoff out of the motherboard. Put a new standoff in and you're good to go (the screw might come out with your fingers at that point also). I think the link I posted before had standoffs that came with the screws.

You don't want metal shavings staying on the board. Try to minimize the spread of the debris.  Blow them off with air rather than suck them off with a vacuum  cleaner. Vacuum cleaners build up static and its always possible that you "might" damage the board if static zaps a component/part.

HP Recommended

Thanks again for your response. I have tried a few of those idea with no luck. I can't really justify buying a Dremel just for this. Im also a bit nervous about hacking away at it just in case i damage something.

So I've given up for the time being on removing it. However am I still able to add in a Crucial MX500 2.5" sata even if I can't remove the Optane? Would it have any side effects. I'll just remove my HDD all together and replace it with the Crucial above.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Nah, you gotta get creative like MacGyver. you can use a drill and simply drill the top off too.

Or you could take it in to a computer shop and let them do it, if you're not comfortable.

As far as a SATA SSD, yes but you need to disable the Optane first (like I stated on the first page), no matter if you're removing the drive or leaving it in. But its best to remove it also.

Heres a vid from Intel about it...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024626/memory-and-storage.html

HP Recommended

Hey, just an FYI managed to get it out using a screw extractor kit😁

Bought the following set to replace the screw as its wrecked. I'll avoid installing the new NVME until the new screws arrive on Saturday as I doubt its a good idea letting the nvme hang at an angle...esp when installing windows again.

New NVME screw set: https://www.amazon.co.uk/FandWay-Standoff-Mounting-motherboard-screwdriver-gold/dp/B07QM51454

Thanks again so much for all your help/tips - really appreciate it!

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.