Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L GT13-0295xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased the 30L desktop. It is very well designed and beautiful. Turned on and functioned (mostly) right out of the box. 

The issue I am having is with the computer's liquid CPU cooling system. The radiator and fan are mounted to the top of the case, and it appears to me that it is only secured to the case with two screws. These two screws are both toward the glass side-cover of the case (left, if oriented looking at the front of the case). The radiator is "sagging" a bit as a consequence. The back half, closest to the motherboard (right, if oriented looking at the front of the case), droops by a solid half inch or so from the top of the case to the radiator mounting plate. 

I have never had a liquid cooled PC before, and so I am not really sure if this is to be expected, or if something has gone awry. The radiator fan is spinning away as normal, and temperatures are perfectly acceptable (idle in 40's, 60's under load per HWMonitor). The radiator is not physically touching the motherboard, and does not appear to be in any immediate danger of doing so. After taking the glass side-cover off and looking around as closely as I can, there does NOT appear to be any rear side (closest to motherboard) mounting holes or screw holes on the mounting plate or the top of the case for the radiator. It looks as though it was designed to only be secured by two screws. 

So, is everything okeydokey? Or, do I have a potential problem on my hands? 

Thanks for your time and assistance,

Halcy

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

That does not sound correct from my perspective. The radiator should be secured to the top of the chassis using four screws and should not sag.

Can you move the radiator or is it firmly secured? Check this when the PC is off and disconnected from AC power.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to reply. 

Yes, I can move the radiator manually by hand upwards until it is flush with the top of the case. I have tried pressing somewhat firmly, and pushing back toward the motherboard, my thought being that there might be slotted tabs instead of screws on the back side, but I cannot get anything to click or stay. It simply saga back down. 

If there were no warranty involved, I would just try to fix this myself by taking the screws out and trying to reset the plate, but if I mess this up, I’m out for someone else’s original mistake, so I think it might be time to contact hp for a replacement, unless you have another suggestion?

HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem with mine when it arrived at the house and Inspected it before turning it on, I noticed that the radiator is on an angle, so I fixed it by myself for less then 10 minutes, all you need to do is unscrew both screws that are holding it place and reset it on its spot, there are 2 slots on the back side where the mounting bracket slots in before you can screw those 2 back in. 

Due to the nature of the mounting system during shipping when that box has been kicked around the AIO gets out of the back slots and only hangs on the 2 front screws. Not the best mounting mechanism I have to say, but at least is easy to service, I am sure HP were going for this approach.  I had multiple people reporting the same issue on my YT channel and all fixed very quickly. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Loosen the front screws.

Slot the rad/fan assembly in at the back of the chassis.

Re tighten the front screws. You should now be good to go.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.