09-01-2019 12:38 AM
I have a 1TB external SSD that I store/run games off for my laptop (Surface Pro 6 i5) . I've attempted to do the same with my recently bought and upgraded (ram and m.2) Pavilion 690 with both the front panel USBC and an adapter to the standard USB ports. Each time the drive is recognized and mounts, but any prolonged access/usage results in timeout and error. I've tried to run check disk on it only for it to fail as well. It works fine on the laptop (direct connected, and with a hub). Sandisk doesn't seem to have any drivers/downloads beyond a secure access app. Google has no easy answers either. Is there something I'm missing?
09-03-2019 06:06 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Let's update the system software by using Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee