Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop - 6FH15AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My monitor picture randomly goes black for 1-2 seconds and then returns to normal.

This has happened once or twice a day since I set up the computer on 3 December 2019. It has blacked out at least six times this afternoon.

I built my first PC in 1981 and know what I am doing. I have tried all the obvious things like reboot, check cable connections, run hardware diagnostics, check drivers for updates, etc.

Thoughts anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LonePalm1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the screen goes to black and then it returns to normal.

To resolve this issue, perform the following steps to update the graphics card driver:

Procedure 1. Update graphics driver with Windows Updates.

1. Select Start.
  2. Select Settings > Updates & Security.
  3. Select Check for updates.
  4. Allow updates to complete.

Procedure 2. Confirm the driver has been updated.

1. Open Computer Management.
  2. Select Device Manager.
  3. Select Display Adapters.
  4. Right-click on NVidia GeForce RTX 20xx.
  5. Select Properties.
  6. Confirm the driver is updated to version 417.58 or later.

Please let me know when you connect the inbuilt display(motherboard display), Is it working fine?

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your kind reply. I had already done that but did it again anyway.

The current driver version for the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 is 26.21.14.4106 dated 10/20/2019.

I am still getting screen drop outs but they are back to once or twice a day. In fact I got one while typing this reply.

Would you have any additional suggestions?

Regards,

LonePalm

HP Recommended

@LonePalm1

Thank you for the update.

Please update the BIOS and check for the issue.

If the issue still persists, Please check in the BIOS screen is it happing the same issue.

Have a nice day!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.