Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0685no
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Heya

I just bought my new HP Pavilion gaming computer, and Everything has been going well in the startup. The problem occurs when i try to set the HZ on my monitor to 144hz (or anything over 100hz). The screen keeps flickering and going black, while this does not occur when it is set to 60hz. I've tried updating drivers and so on, but i cant find a solution. 

My monitor is Acer 25" Predator XB252Q 240 Hz G-Sync

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Pöna 

I have no idea what causes that issue. I have read lots of arguments on the NVIDIA forum about it. Seems to come down to a driver issue apparently. All I can offer is a couple of suggestions...

1. The most suggested fix is to remove the graphics drivers and clean install an older one. Which one for your 2060, you will have to experiment. I imagine it will have to be a very early one compatible with the RTX series.

Use this tool to uninstall the current driver with. It helps to remove all of the remnants of it.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2. Turn off G-Sync.

3. Try Display Port if you're using HDMI.

Fingers crossed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.