Tesla3k
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Several Problems with CPU and Performance

HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p0x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been recently having problems with my CPU being at high levels when opening task manager or games, I will explain the most possible my problems about performance too.

CPU

- Basically, I've been having problems with my CPU since when opening task manager for a 1/4 of second the CPU gets to 100%, is this a problem that I should worry about? 

Disk?

- I've had the error of "Analyze your disk for problems", then I made it analyze, it would take up to 100% disk and then, I would restart my computer to "repair my disk", after so, I've noticed that the disk doesn't work at 100% or high levels, but sometimes when starting the computer it reaches 100% usage for a minute or two, then goes back to normal, even doing so, when I open Google Chrome, the disk goes high for a bit of seconds then goes under 15%.

Performance Problems?

- I've been playing games and I noticed that instead of having 60-58 stable FPS, sometimes when "attacking or changing map", the performance would get lower FPS (45-40), my video card is RX 460 if you're wondering, also I don't know if its me just being so "paranoid", but I'm really worried about this.

I hope that I gave enough info, the full name of my product is "HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p0xx".

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,216
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Several Problems with CPU and Performance

Hi @Tesla3k,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand you are having issues with the CPU and performance on your HP Pavilion Desktop PC. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did it happen after a software update?

Have you tried to update the drivers as well as the Bios?

Have you tried to run any test on the computer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the PC: 

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Next thing, I would suggest here is While playing these games please check the task manager for CPU usage and end any unwanted task or process that is hogging the CPU usage a lot from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03671001

To troubleshoot on dropping FPS, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website using this link.

The following list describes some of the issues caused by overheating in the notebook:  

• Games stop responding during play.  

• Windows stops responding during use.  

• Fans inside the computer become louder because they are spinning faster as the computer gets hot, to remove the heat.  

• When starting the computer, it sometimes stops at a black screen and does not open into Windows. Windows usually stop responding when it does open.  

Symptoms of heat issues and causes of excessive heat

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents  

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation  

Step 3: Updating the BIOS  

I would recommend you follow all the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Computer is Slow   

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: HP PCs - Computer is Slow Guided Troubleshooter  (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshootingsteps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation