Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

If you are located in the US or Canada, you can go to parts.hp.com and search bu the part number. FYI, the 8gb is $158, so yeah pretty steep. 

HP Recommended

Do I need to wait for the computer to arrive,pop out the ram and identify the part number or can I look at my order now.HyperX® 16 GB DDR4-3200 XMP RGB SDRAM (2 x 8 GB).that's all I know.And I really appreciate the help,this will be my first gaming computer and I've been having to educate myself through videos like yours.

HP Recommended

I wouldn't stress out about it too much. 16GB is more than adequate for the most demanding games I think. I choose 32GB when I ordered, have 32GB more which I haven't decided if I'm going to bother with. It's overkill either way I think. As far as I can tell, the highest "recommended" stats for any game is around 12mb.

For the record, I do think it's quite messed up what HP is doing with this whole memory thing.

HP Recommended

Yaa,that seems to be the general consensus that 16gb of ram is still the sweet spot for gaming.But one game im interested in particular is cities skylines,I've been reading that it just chews through ram(with mods though). And it worries me that titles currently releasing now recommended 16gb of ram,I worry about a year from now.At least I didn't buy from best buy or something and only get 8gb.idk mabey 16gb will be fine for some time for most games. spending $300 on another 16gb of ram is a little sickening.im a worry-er.  Lol

HP Recommended

Hi @Halo365@KC422,@Halo365,@EllenKeiff

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

  

I understand you need assistance and I’d love to help. 

  

However, we encourage our customers to create a public post so that the conversation may help other community members find a similar solution. Hence, I would request you to create a public post with the same query, so that you may get your answers from the various members we have in our community forums at HP. 

If you have already created a public post, please send me the link.  

  

To learn how to use the HP Support Community, refer to this post.  

  

It’s been a pleasure interacting with you. 

  

Have a good day ahead. 

HP Recommended

Just a heads up, you can get 32 gb of ram (2x16) for less than $150 and it is fairly simple to swap out. Look for a good deal over the next year or so to upgrade that is compatible with the motherboard.

Edit: Ignore this post. Apparently RAM isn't that upgradable on the Omen line. I never heard of priority RAM before...

HP Recommended

Yeah in any other motherboard, it's easy, but not for HP Omen ones. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.