Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 790-0077c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have this Gaming desktop. When I purchased it, the advertisement said it came with Realtek Wifi and Bluetooth 4.2. I received it and found out it doesn't have Bluetooth at all. I found it didn't have Bluetooth too late to send to back and HP won't answer any of my queries or emails I'll ask the question here. The motherboard has a Realtek Wifi card only HP P/N 915622-001 SPS#/SA# 915623-001. I already had a Realtek Wifi Bluetooth 4.0 card HP P/N 915623-001. I installed it and of course the software or IS seeing the Wifi portion of the card but NOT the Bluetooth portion . In Device Manager there is no Bluetooth device showing up. If I show Hidden Devices there is a Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) there . Properties there indicate "this hardware device not connected to the computer".  There are no Unknown Devices. 

Since the board specifications state there is a Bluetooth  4.2 device , is my Bluetooth 4.0 device not working because it is not compatible with 4.2?  Is there a Bluetooth device that will work with this PC at all? Thank you for any help you may give. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@bladerunner1954 

Yes, driver of the card will fix this. Physically they use same slot.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Something else is wrong. I've tried a couple different drivers for this card. One from the HP website and one from the Realtek  site. The Wifi section works grand. The Bluetooth section of the card stays "greyed out" in Device Manager and will not show at all unless I go to View>Show Hidden Devices. I've also tried Action>Scan for hardware changes. Unless you have another idea I'm all out.😂

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Yes I did. This last time I unstalled the hidden Bluetooth device . Rebooted and scanned for new hardware again. It was not found. I've re-seated the card once. I may try it again. I'll clean the pads this time. 

HP Recommended

So they way it should work is this:

1. Card gets installed

2. Windows finds new device and prompts for/installs drivers

3. You either have card visible in Device Manager, or a question mark (device unknown or similar)

If it does not happen, then there's something not right hardware-wise.

Greyed-out question mark merely indicates device that is installed driver-wise, but not present.

HP Recommended

I went back and looked at the original card that came in the PC. Even though if one looks the part number up on any HP site the chip is listed only as WiFi 802.111ac and nowhere is Bluetooth mentioned. If you look the Realtek number from the cip it self the Model RL8822BE is listed as 802.11AC/ABGN PCIE WLAN WITH BLUETOOTH 4.2 SINGLE-CHIP CONTROLLER. This would agree with the HP specs that were on the page that I purchased the PC from. Now the question, what happened to the Bluetooth? It had to be there at some point or it would not have been "greyed out" in Device manager. The slot may be bad. Sure two cards were not bad. Anyway, I'm going to get my magnifying eyeglasses put, pull the card and see if I can detect an issue. If I find no issue and another cleaning of the pads on the card doesn't help. I'll write it up as another bad HP issue they wont fix.   

HP Recommended

Yup, indeed an interesting question... Cursory check via Google indicates that both cards should be Bluetooth-enabled...

Did you try this as well?

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03429630

Failing that, you may need to try another vendor's product, for examples something suitable from Intel. It did the trick for me when I replaced Realtek card due to its non-performance in another laptop back in 2015:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/pcs-accessories/sony-vaio-svf1531c5e-bcm43142-wireless-network-adapt...

Card still does work fine even though it's no longer supported.

HP Recommended

Yep Krzemien.  I've done all I can do. Windows/hardware is not discovering the Bluetooth on either card. The WiFi is working great. It's not that critical. I've never needed the Bluetooth on a PC before and the moment I can utilize it, it won't work. I believe I will try another PCI-e card with Bluetooth and see if that works. 

Thank you to everyone that responded adn tried to help. SOmetimes there is no simpe answer. Ask me. I always get the problems with no simple answer 😂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.