Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Desktop 870-2XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I first got my monitor the sound was working fine (the monitor has built in speakers), but now it no longer works. I can only hear sound if I plug earbuds into the pc tower directly. Though if I want to hear the sound through the monitor I hear nothing. I went into the sound aplication and it shows that the monitor is connected for sound and if I play a song it shows the little green icons, but I still hear nothing. The monitor is a msi optix mag27cq. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @KayCar, Welcome back to HP support community.

I have checked the records and there are no speakers connected to this monitor.

So you cannot play audio from the monitor. However, you can connect an external speaker to the monitor to get the audio.

Refer the product specifications page of the monitor from the manufacturer for more information. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @KayCar, Welcome back to HP support community.

I have checked the records and there are no speakers connected to this monitor.

So you cannot play audio from the monitor. However, you can connect an external speaker to the monitor to get the audio.

Refer the product specifications page of the monitor from the manufacturer for more information. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.