Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning !

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

I am very grateful and grateful to you !!!

I have HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0000nj  i have Windows 10 1809 64 bit

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0000nj has 2 disks ( 1disk SSD 256Gb SK hynixBC501 HEM256  and 2 disk HDD Toshiba DTO 1ACA200- 2000Gb )

Disk HDD Toshiba DTO 1ACA200- 2000Gb is GPT.

I want to divide the second disk ( 2 DISK)  into sections. (logical drive) 

1,What should I look for?

2,How do you think how many partitions to divide the disk?

3,What sizes to choose for disk partitions (logical drive) ?

I think on 5-6 sections with a size of 300GB.

4,Which files are best stored in the same section, and which in different sections?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Slicing a disk into partitions was done back in the old days, not so much anymore.

Just create folders. Then store data in each folder.

Are you installing programs on the second disk? This will create problems if you create new partitions and accidentally change the drive letter where you are now installing programs. You can fix this in Disk Management by changing drive letters. Just wanted to point this out.

You can create smaller partitions using Disk Management. Search for "Disk Management" using Cortana or Windows Search.

Select the 2 TB HDD. Right-click on the drive.

Select "shrink volume". Set the volume size desired. Follow prompts.

Then select "new simple volume" in unallocated space created above on the 2 TB HDD.

Set disk size and follow prompts to create new volumes until you have no unallocated space left.

I question why you want to do this.

Regards

HP Recommended

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP !!!

I want to describe the situation in more detail:

I have HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0000nj 

I have Windows 10 1809 64 bit

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0000nj has 2 disks ( 1disk SSD 256Gb SK hynixBC501 HEM256  and 2 disk HDD Toshiba DTO 1ACA200- 2000Gb )

I have operats. the system Windows 18 1809 64 bit and all programs are installed on drive  1 disk-SSD SK  Hynix bc501 hem256.

I will use second disk 2 DISK- Toshiba DTO1ACA200 2000 GB  for data storage.

I want to divide the second disk ( 2 DISK)  into sections. (logical drive) 

1,What should I look for?

2,How do you think how many partitions to divide the disk?

3,What sizes to choose for disk partitions (logical drive) ?

I think on 5-6 sections with a size of 300GB.

4,Which files are best stored in the same section, and which in different sections?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.