Dycin
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SynCom.DLL not found

Omen 15-dc0100tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After turning on it pop ups a SynCom.DLL not found error. Tried re installing the drivers but no luck

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,460
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SynCom.DLL not found

@Dycin

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an OMEN by HP - 15-dc0100tx and it displays a SynCom.DLL not found error when you power it on. You have done a remarkable job in troubleshooting this issue. 

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this: 

• Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop post which this issue may have started?
  • Have you tried to perform a Microsoft System Restore to rollback the laptop to an earlier date when everything worked fine? NOTE: System restore does not delete your data. 

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Please click on the below link for the System Event Utility, try installing this:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71716.exe

You may try to uninstall the Omen Command Center from your laptop by following the below steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel. In Control Panel, locate Programs, then click Uninstall a program.

Figure : Uninstalling a program

Uninstalling a program
  2. In the Uninstall or change a program window, select the program you want to remove from the list and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Changeat the top of the program list.

Figure : Example of uninstalling a program. Select Command center here.

Image of Uninstall/Change selection
  3. Read and respond to any messages that open while the software is being removed from your computer.

Install again HP Omen Control from this link:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe

Once the installation is complete, you may restart the laptop and check if the message appears again.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation