Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm a bit desperate, now running out of idea.

- I can get rid of the beeps by putting the 2 DIMMs in slots 3 and 4.

- Any other combination would beep at me (3 long + 2 short)

- That is bizarre because in the picture I took before I swapped motherboard, it was in slot 2 and 4

But the problem is that even with no beeps (so memory presumably config ok), system doesn't boot.

I disconnected all SATA disks, unplugged the GE Force card, put the video on the onboard HDMI, and just a keyboard on USB (it never lights up)

But still absolutely nothing happens.

I was thinking of ordering 2 DIMM4 2400 but is this really going to get me anything?

Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Didier

HP Recommended

Can you test the modules in another compatible computer?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Did you try just installing only one stick and test in each slot? Then try the other stick.

Trying only one stick might determine if one of the sticks is the culprit.

If the same thing happens with each stick, then test them in another computer if you can to see if they work on another system.

Depending on what you buy, some brands of ram wont let you return them once they are opened.

For example, Crucial has a very good return policy.  I would make sure you can return it if it doesn't work out.

HP Recommended

Yes I tried what you suggested. When only one stick is used the only place it doesn't beep is in slot 3. Both sticks behave the same. If I use 2, then only 2 and 4 don't beep.

This is very confusing. And no I don't have another computer to test those DIMM4

On Amazon I found this one: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00UVN2C8O?pf_rd_r=XZYG6CVEQ9VQF4TY5BYB&pf_rd_p=ed1ef413-005c-474d-...

It doesn't say much about return policy.

I also contacted the vendor of the motherboard and he told me (in a very approximative english) that:  "this motherboard can supports Gen 8th and Gen 9th intel CPU,it will not supports 7th Gen".

But again I used the CPU that was in the original machine.

HP Recommended

Looks like you got cut off before finishing your sentence at the end.

Corsair has a 30 day return policy but only if purchased direct from them. Otherwise you have to follow Amazons guideline on returns. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/return-refund-policy

I don't know what the mobo seller told you but this is why I never mess with this type of stuff from eBay. Not worth the hassle.

HP Recommended

Too bad not being able to test the modules in another machine
But from what you say it looks more like a problem with the motherboard
If the purchased model is the original one as I indicated previously, with the i7-8700 processor then yes, I do not understand the answer either.
Try a new module just in case, but if it doesn't work, I suggest you flip the motherboard.
Then, it could be complicated, but maybe it will be better to turn to a new motherboard with if possible the same characteristics, at least to recover the same processor.
The problem is that it may be necessary to change the case
Where to hope to find an original motherboard, but which will be ok this time!
you have tried the hp partners?

https://www.eetgroup.com/fr-fr/?term=L02051-001

Magasin de pièces HP - Pièces d'ordinateur HP - Pièces d'imprimante HP - Pièces Compaq

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Which generation is the the i7 8660?

I'm trying to get the modules tested on something else. But we only have servers around here 🙂

Another question I have: this all nightmare started because the original motherboard was stuck in BIOS corrupt boot loop: BIOS is corrupt, will try to recover message, reboot, same.

So I'm thinking: is there really no way around this than swapping motherboard?

Thanks for your help so far,

Didier 

HP Recommended

The first number is the generation on Intel. Its the same for all Core-i CPUs. 8660 is 8th gen, 9700 is 9th gen, etc.

I thought you had tried this already, but read this post from one of our other experts (Erico) on flashing HP bios without Windows...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/How-to-update-bios-and-uefi-without-a-hard...

Except use the bios from your drivers page for SSID 8437.  It might or might not work. I doubt it though.

This is the latest for your board... https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/1869...

HP Recommended

Thanks for your explanations on CPU.

Yes I had tried this procedure, and prepared a USB stick with the latest BIOS, but I never got the Windows-B or any other key to actually boot from USB. 

HP Recommended

most of the solutions shown work for laptops.
I don't remember having seen much success with desktop computers
although a procedure is given, it does not seem "so simple"

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.