Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thanks I'll give this article a go. There are a few more things I have not tried yet.

HP Recommended

@Didier-Lalli  He posted the same procedure I did. Win key +B and a USB flash drive except its in French. You stated that didnt work. Im afraid the motherboard is toast at this point.

HP Recommended

I tried the Windows-B, but the article has a couple of things I can give a try (long power-off, battery remove, CMOS reset...). Right now I have the new motherboard and I'm trying to find a way to test the DIMMs, so I won't try this before a while.

HP Recommended

there is a little difference with what is said
"Press the notebook's power button and immediately hold down the Windows key and the B key until the notebook reacts and begins the BIOS recovery." "

in the link
Use the HP BIOS disaster recovery function and the recovery USB key to restore the BIOS.

Shut down the desktop computer that requires BIOS restore, and then wait 5-10 seconds.
Insert the USB drive that contains the BIOS file into an available port on the desktop computer.
Simultaneously press and hold Windows and B, then press and hold the power button for 2-3 seconds.
Release the power button while holding down the Windows and B keys. You may hear a series of beeps.

Note: If the key combination does not work, press and release the power button, then immediately press the Windows and B keys simultaneously and repeatedly until the computer beeps. or the BIOS update screen is displayed.

but as I said, I have rarely seen success with this procedure
unless misunderstood and not done correctly!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.