Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN OBELISK 875 51NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I just wanted ask about temperatures of the GPU and CPU and whether or not I should upgrade to a liquid cooler for the CPU. I've seen so many posts but I can't tell what it and isn't an "OK" temperature. On idle the temperatures for the CPU is at 31°C and the GPU is at 28°C and underload the CPU is at 74°C and the GPU is at 79°C. Am I stressing over nothing or should I get a liquid cooler? I've already replaced the stock case fan and added another 120MM fan to the top of the case and the liquid cooler I was looking at was a Corsair H60.

Thanks for any help it's extremely appreciated 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Looks like you are one of the luckier ones. Those temps are fine. No need to fix it if it ain't broke.

Air cooling is most of the time just fine and you don't have an unlocked CPU anyways.

It also depends on what application you use and how taxing it is. High end AAA games for example can really work the CPU and make it get hot. Just have to keep an eye out on it. If its running into the 90s, then ya you would want to consider better cooling of course.

BTW you gave an incomplete model number but I was able to find it... 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Looks like you are one of the luckier ones. Those temps are fine. No need to fix it if it ain't broke.

Air cooling is most of the time just fine and you don't have an unlocked CPU anyways.

It also depends on what application you use and how taxing it is. High end AAA games for example can really work the CPU and make it get hot. Just have to keep an eye out on it. If its running into the 90s, then ya you would want to consider better cooling of course.

BTW you gave an incomplete model number but I was able to find it... 😉

HP Recommended

Did I? Dang, sorry about that. Thanks for the information and help 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.