Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
880-109nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have the Omen desktop 880-109nc and I decided that I wanted to change the color of the logo on the front of the PC. So I searched the internet a little bit and found out that there's an app for it so I wanted to download it but I couldn't since there isn't one for this model or any model of the 880-000 series. So now I am stuck with bright red light that I can't change or turn off. I find that very dissapointing since this is a 1500 dollar PC. So if there is one please let me know. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Kotol 

Unfortunately there is no button to turn of the LED lighting.

The LED lighting is a fixed color LED, no way to change the color.

You can however, turn off the lights by disconnecting the wiring from the lighting to the motherboard.

The should be marked and rather easy to see if you take the side panel off.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Kotol 

Unfortunately there is no button to turn of the LED lighting.

The LED lighting is a fixed color LED, no way to change the color.

You can however, turn off the lights by disconnecting the wiring from the lighting to the motherboard.

The should be marked and rather easy to see if you take the side panel off.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I tried disconnecting it and it worked but I am still pretty upset about it not having Omen control. But anyways thank you for your solution it helped.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.