Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have been trying to get through this frustrating process.  I purchased a HP Pavillion Gaming desk top for my son on June 28, 2019 (he is 9 years old and he saved up his allowance and used his own money for half of it).  When he downloaded Fortnite the HDMI ports stopped working. I have tried EVERYTHING. I took it to Geek squad and they said the computer is "faulty" and I should "contact HP."  When I put in the serial number HP says the warranty was from Oct 2018 to Oct 2019 and it has expired, but I didn't purchase it until June 2019.  I have tried disputing it SEVERAL TIMES by uploading my proof of purchase but I just keep getting a message that the system is "temporarily unavailable Try again later."  I get this message AFTER I go through the whole process.  THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING!! My son got this computer for his birthday in June for his birthday and it is now Christmas and he has not been able to use it YET!!! PLEASE HELP!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FortniteMom 

Edits - Update Content

I have been notified that this issue was already escalated (last week).

Once a thread / issue has been escalated - our community has no access to subsequent events or communication on the subject.  

===========================================================

Original Content

I do not know what is wrong with the computer and anything is possible.  It is unlikely that the HDMI ports were damaged by a software download, though it is certainly possible things stopped working as expected.

Having said that, because you have already tried "everything", there is perhaps naught else we can offer.  After all, there are just so many ways to check behavior, diagnose, update drivers, and check the hardware.  I will not bludgeon you with things you have already tried.

I have asked that someone take a look. 

Should there be a response:

• A moderator will respond here before you are contacted using other means.
  • Weekends are not fully staffed (and Christmas is very near) - you may not hear back immediately.
  • "We" are not HP Technical Support - timelines for response are not the same as when you contact HP Support directly.

Know that in spite of what the online check reports, the actual warranty is not impacted. 

Whatever is going on with the warranty status can be sorted.

For those reading:

Warranty Check

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

======================================================

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Merry Christmas 2019Merry Christmas 2019

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.