Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
580-023w HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello internet, I need your help! I have tried to upgrade my gaming PC by adding an SSD which is a 860 EVO samsung 500gb. I want to make the ssd my main bios and have my current hard drive as storage. I tried to install the recovery media on my ssd, the preparation went good but the installation was incomplete and I have clicked retry about 5 times and it did not work, I also wasn't able to open up the startup menu I tried to press escape as fast as I can but it did not show up. I do not know what I did wrong I am very new to upgrading my pc. I just wanted to make my games load up faster. 

Plz help

thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP Recovery media is probably looking for a 1 GB storage device. This is because your PC shipped from the factory with a 1 GB HDD.

You can do a clean Windows 10 installation. Windows 10 installation media can be created by going to this site (Link).

The easier way would be to clone the existing Windows OS from the HDD to the new 500 GB SSD using Macrium Reflect free (Link to instructions).

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.