Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 800-139nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Omen 800-139nx when I press the power button, it turns on for a second then turns off for few seconds then turns on fully on its own. It has been doing that for few days now.

Is this an alarming issue or is it normal?  And how to fix the issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ProfFiras95
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

• Step 1: Remove discs and devices
  • Step 2: Perform a hard reset
  • Step 3: Run hardware diagnostic tests
  • Step 4: Refresh or reset your PC. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479 to complete the troubleshooting steps. By end of the article, you will be able to fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ProfFiras95
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

• Step 1: Remove discs and devices
  • Step 2: Perform a hard reset
  • Step 3: Run hardware diagnostic tests
  • Step 4: Refresh or reset your PC. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479 to complete the troubleshooting steps. By end of the article, you will be able to fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ProfFiras95

This is a follow-up regarding powering on, 

Have you tried the suggested troubleshooting steps?

Is everything working fine, or would you require any further assistance? 

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.