Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gamer541
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to hear any sound. Unable to Launch ALL Steam Games. System is Operating very poorly.

500-016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last night my computer froze in the middle of playing one of my Games from Steam. I had to do a hard shut down using the power button. After that, I waited a few minutes and turned my PC back on to find out that I could no longer use Discord. It will not allow me to talk or hear any sort of noise, the only noise that was coming out was a noise from a windows notification telling me I needed to update my microsoft account. I cannot watch Netflix with sound either, I have tried using my Headset, I have tried using Speakers, I even have tried to use the connection to the TV; and yet it still will not play any type of sound. it is not giving me any error messages it is just running sluggish and wont put out any type of noise.

It will not load any of my games on Steam I have tried about 20 of them and none of them will load up. I wait and wait and wait and yet it still isn't loading them. Before the Freeze and hard shutdown last night my computer was running fine it was playing all my games. I have done that same thing quite a few times and never had any of these issues. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? Does anyone perhaps know if If it would be a problem with my graphics card that I'm running my HDMI connetion though? It's a EVGA GTX 750 Ti Sc edition.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
5,722 5,710 542 1,197
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to hear any sound. Unable to Launch ALL Steam Games. System is Operating very poorly.

Hi Gamer541

If you have video then the GTX 750 is working.

I can only guess, but you may have one of two possible problems.

1. System driver corruption or a hardware problem, or

2. Malware

Do you have any good image backups?  Reimage the system with a good backup image

Or try a Microsoft system restore.

Run offline malware scanners to see what's up with malware.

Or set the system back to the factory image. You may have a hardware problem if the symptoms persist after doing this.

Backup data before doing anything. Be aware any malware may migrate to the backup if you are infected.

Grzy

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation