Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,
I recently bought HP OMEN 45L, and I'm suffering from the unpleasant resonance sounds coming from processor fans.
Fans are making this sounds while running with specific speeds for example:
- with 1000RPM (here is resonance like sound)
- with 3000RPM (here is more like constant beeping sound)

Is it possible a hardware issue of my specific model? Does anyone else suffer from it?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @hopek 

Your CPU fan is hitting 3000 RPM. What are doing when this happens?

Sounds like a CPU: heat problem or a fan temp sensor problem if CPU temps are okay. Either way I would say you have a hardware warranty problem.

Download HWiNFO Portable Here.

Check CPU and graphics card temps. You should also be able to check CPU and GPU fan speeds.

Contact HP Support since your PC is recently purchased.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

So far It did not reach 3000 RPM during normal usage. I set it manually to 3000 RPM in HP App to investigate the issue. The problem for me are the resonance sounds at 1000 RPM that fans are running with very often. On 700 RPM or 1300 RPM that sounds are gone.

HP Recommended

Hi @hopek 

The 45L should have a 240 mm rad in the Cryo chamber with two 120 mm fans. Two front case intake fans, one rear case exhaust fan, and graphics card fans.

Isolate the problematic fans (radiator or case). It may be possible to easily replace the fans. However, replacing fans may yield a BIOS fan error at a cold start. I have seen this happen with some HP Desktop PCs.

Replacing the graphics card fans would also be a challenge.

Replacing any component will cause warranty issues. I would keep the HP components for future use if you replace anything.

Or the best option is to contact HP Support per my previous response.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi!

I also purchased a 45L i9 model 2023. I did have the exact same issue. I did fix it by screwing in the heat sink a little harder. You just have to open the top hatch and screw in the pins on top a little harder, you'll find them on the heat sink. It made 90% of the resonance disappear. I do have to acknowledge that it is very frustrating for such an expensive machine. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Adamthebestus

Do you mean this screws? I tried to screw them in but still no effect. I still think it's the heat sink resonance, as when I'm putting my hand on it and pushing inside a bit this sounds disappear.
pc.png

HP Recommended

What's crazy is that shortly after the problem was resolved the resonance happened to appear one hour later again. Hp needs to address this, probably by changing the fan curve, thus the rpms which do induce the problem in the first place. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.