Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 690-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently just installed a new game. It auto-detected the settings recommended for the AMD 580 RX graphics card and then prompted me that the drivers were out of date. Saying it could cause potential problems. I checked HP's website for the latest drivers and they dated August 2018.

My question is... can I udpate the drivers directly from AMD or will there be more stability issues if I don't use the drivers recommended on HP's website? I'm having some weird random glitch causing my screen to be filled with mostly blue or pink and usually updating video drivers is the first step to correcting a problem.

Thank you for in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Staticj 

It shouldnt be a problem. Best thing to do is make sure restore points is enabled and create a restore point before updating the graphics driver. Just in case you have some weird issue.  Clean install the new driver with DDU Display Driver Uninstaller.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Staticj 

It shouldnt be a problem. Best thing to do is make sure restore points is enabled and create a restore point before updating the graphics driver. Just in case you have some weird issue.  Clean install the new driver with DDU Display Driver Uninstaller.

HP Recommended

@Staticj , welcome to the forum.

@Staticj wrote:

Hello,

I recently just installed a new game. It auto-detected the settings recommended for the AMD 580 RX graphics card and then prompted me that the drivers were out of date. Saying it could cause potential problems. I checked HP's website for the latest drivers and they dated August 2018.

My question is... can I udpate the drivers directly from AMD or will there be more stability issues if I don't use the drivers recommended on HP's website?  I have always used the manufacturer (AMD/nVidia) of the video cards drivers, unless it is Integrated Graphics.  You should have no problems.

I'm having some weird random glitch causing my screen to be filled with mostly blue or pink and usually updating video drivers is the first step to correcting a problem.

Thank you for in advance.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@Photoray002 wrote:

Hello @Staticj 

Thank you. I did as you recommend. It even solved my issue. I can say Rage 2 for PC runs satisfactory on this machine. 

HP Recommended

Nice.  

Now go get those mutants.   :Sunglasses:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.